Evidence of the social media revolution
In case you still needed convincing social media is not a trend, but a revolution:
- There are over 200,000,000 blogs in the world and 54% of bloggers post content or tweet daily.
- It took Radio 38 years to reach 50 million users. TV did better: 13 years, the Internet 4 Years and iPod 3 Years. Facebook on the other hand added 100 million users in less than 9 months.
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web.
- 80% of all companies use LinkedIn as a primary tool to find employees.
- The #2 largest search engine in the world is YouTube.
- Wikipedia has over 13 million articles.
- Facebook USERS translated the site from English to Spanish via a Wiki in less than 4 weeks and cost Facebook $0.
- Only 14% of the consumers say they trust advertising, yet 78% will follow a friend’s recommendation. 34% of bloggers post opinions about products & brands.
- 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content.
- More than 1.5 million pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) are shared on Facebook…daily.
Discovered via O’Conall Street